John Tonkin College Education Support Centre, formerly Career Enterprise Centre (CEC) is an education support centre that provides educational opportunities for students with intellectual, physical, psychological and social disabilities. The centre strives to ensure that students participate in Vocational Education and work towards a Certificate 1 or skill set in at least one of Hospitality, Construction, Horticulture, Visage and Retail. Also offered are Department Fire Emergency Services (DFES), Cadets, Art Therapy, Visual Arts and Workplace Learning (WPL). Students who participate successfully in WPL have the potential to gain employment, or alternate employment options upon leaving school. Social skills, community awareness and lifeskills are developed through involvement in WPL and community access programs. The centre works in partnership with parents, students and agencies to develop programs that cater for individual needs and support student aspirations.
- ENGAGE, ENRICH, EDUCATE and EMPOWER.
- To educate and develop the whole person in order to create a sense of belonging and active engagement within their community
- Encourage students to recognise and develop their unique potential
- Support them to meet their educational needs
- Support them to become a whole person, exercising self-improvement, self-regulation and enabling a successful transition into adulthood
- Belief in the unique potential of all individual students
- Commitment to excellence in teaching practice and programs to support students to fulfil their potential
- Belief that teamwork is fundamental to the effectiveness of our school
In our School we:
- RESPECT each other
- We TRY our best
- We are a TEAM
- We LEARN from your mistakes
- We CELEBRATE others success
- We CREATE